Get your skates on - Skating in the Sky is here until April 8th!
Skate at 1,000 feet while overlooking the most amazing winter white views of Chicago and Lake Michigan. If you're with the kids, follow up their first steps on ice or a morning of figure-eights, with hot chocolates all round - our Lavazza Espression Café has the best in town. Or for the adults, the rink is open until 11 pm, so there's always time to stop and enjoy a SKYY® High Cocktail or two!
Book online now or find out more details below
Skates, rates and dates
So here's the deal. The rink is open for skating every day from January 1 - April 8, 2013 and you can skate any time of the day from 9am-11pm (last session sold at 10pm). Each 25 minute skating session is only $6 on top of JHO admission and if you don't bring skates, we'll rent ours to you on the 94th floor for only a buck.
You won't beat our rink!
The JHO rink is the world's highest synthetic ice skating rink, at more than 1,000 feet above sea level. It's 900 square feet wide, giving you plenty of room for your twirls (or flailing limbs!), and constructed from a state-of-the-art synthetic substance called XTRAICE.
How about taking your birthday party or
corporate event to new heights?
Yes that’s right, we have developed a range of package options and if you have 20 guests, we will exclusively book the rink for you and your group!
Skating in the Sky Birthday Party
• VIP Fast Pass admission to JHO
• Skating in the Sky – 25 minutes
• Reserved tables in our Lavazza Espression Café
• Sky High Boxed Lunch (includes Sandwich, Bottled water, Chips, Gelato)
• Custom John Hancock Center cake – serves up to 20
T&C’s – Minimum of 10 guests is required for all birthday party packages and a minimum of 20 guests is required for exclusive rink booking. All bookings are subject to availability. Skate rental is included in the price per person. Custom cake can be made to order. 4 different sandwich options. 50% deposit is required to confirm reservation.
Corporate Skating in the Sky Event
Add something unique to your corporate event or team building exercise and have the ‘ice’ exclusively to yourself. A two-hour minimum is required on all events at a rate of $2,500 and $1,000 for each additional hour. The price includes the ice rink and up to 100 guests. ($25 per person for each additional guest) Skates will be provided for all guests and talk to our Event Producer Jo-El Lacy for a range of food and beverage packages.
*Skating in the Sky photography provided by Jeff Brown
Here’s the FINE print…
Believe us, we trust your skating ability but here is a word from our Lawyers.
• Guests must be checked in on the 94th floor at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled ice time.
• No refunds will be given for late arrival, rescheduling may be an option but not guaranteed.
• Skating in the Sky is an additional charge and John Hancock Observatory general admission fee is still required.
• Skating in the Sky ticket is valid for one (1) 25 minute session beginning at the scheduled start time.
• Each individual will be required to present a signed Hold Harmless Waiver before skating.
• Children under 18 will need to have a Hold Harmless Waiver signed by their legal guardian.
• Hold Harmless Waivers should be downloaded from below and completed in advance.
• We reserve the right to remove any person from the ice for any reason deemed appropriate. Neither refunds nor compensation will be given.
• Chicago Blackhawks Learn to Skate requires a helmet to be worn which will be provided by JHO.
• Rink Rules will be posted onsite and can be downloaded below.